We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Useful Links

Useful links for information and reference

Essential Services




Other services


Cost of living

We all know that costs are rising but help is available. The government is supporting residents in a variety of ways including:

  • Energy Bills Support Scheme: Domestic electricity customers in Great Britain will receive a £400 grant which will appear as a credit from energy suppliers from October 2022 onwards. This will not need to be repaid 
  • Winter Fuel Payment: If you were born on or before 25 September 1956 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills 
  • Cost of Living Payment: Households on means tested benefits, including Universal Credit, Pension Credit and Tax Credits, will receive a payment of £650 this year 
  • Disability Cost of Living Payment: Individuals on disability benefits will receive a one-off £150 payment in September

These may change when the new Prime Minister is announced.

Further information can be found at

Anyone needing help or support for themselves, or their friends and family can contact Accommodation Concern who can provide free advice on money, housing and benefits. Tel 01536 416560  e-mail: [email protected]k